The CookieYes GDPR Cookie Consent & Compliance Notice plugin will assist you in making your website GDPR (RGPD, DSVGO) compliant. In addition to compliance with this GDPR WordPress plugin also supports cookie compliance in accordance with the LGPD of Brazil, CNIL of France, and California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) which is a state statute intended to enhance privacy rights and consumer protection for residents of California.
The plugin is one of the best WordPress GDPR compliance plugins as it comes with a host of features some of which are listed below.
- The plugin will enable a WordPress cookie notice with Accept and Reject options. The cookies are not rendered by default and only upon user consent. (The cookie value will be set to ‘null’ by default; it takes a value ‘yes’ when the user clicks ‘Accept’ and ‘no’ upon ‘Reject’. Your developer can check this value to set a cookie accordingly.)
- The plugin allows single click automatic scanning and categorization of cookies.
- This GDPR plugin adds a subtle cookie banner to your WordPress website either in the header or footer so you can show your compliance status regarding the new GDPR law.
- With the help of this WordPress GDPR plugin, you can fully customise the cookie notice style so it blends with your existing website: change the colours, fonts, styles, the position on the page and even how it behaves when you click “Accept”.
- You can choose to make the cookie notice bar disappear after a few seconds (completely configurable) or to accept on scroll.
- It also has a Cookie Audit module so you can easily show what cookies your site uses and display them neatly in a table on your Privacy & Cookies Policy page.
- The plugin can be configured to have a CCPA ‘Do Not Sell My Personal Information’ control to the cookie notice.
- Assists in compliance of CNIL – A french administrative regulatory body
- Helps in compliance with POPIA (Protection of Personal Information Act) – South Africa’s data protection law
- Integrates seamlessly with Official Facebook Pixel, Smash Balloon Instagram Feed & Twitter Feed.
- Fully customisable to look just like your own website’s style: customise the colours, styles and fonts
- Put the cookie bar in either the header or the footer
- (Optional) automatically close the cookie notice bar after a delay (delay is configurable)
- (Optional) cookie banner can be permanently dismissed or accessible through a “show again” tab
- (Optional) “show again” tab is fully customisable including position shown on page and styles
- WPML compatible
- qTranslate and Polylang support
The CookieYes GDPR Cookie Consent and Compliance Notice Plugin Uses The Following Cookies
- viewed_cookie_policy – Is the primary cookie that records the user consent for the usage of the cookies upon ‘accept’ and ‘reject’. It doesn’t track any personal data and is set only upon user action(accept/reject).
- cookielawinfo-checkbox-necessary/cookielawinfo-checkbox-non-necessary – Records the default button state of the corresponding category. It works only in coordination with the primary cookie.
- CookieLawInfoConsent – Records the default button state of the corresponding category & the status of CCPA. It works only in coordination with the primary cookie.
Another best part of this GDPR compliance plugin is that it seamlessly integrates with and supports WPML and qTranslate so your translation needs are covered.
You can get more information and more about the EU Cookie Law
GDPR Cookie Consent & Compliance Notice plugin user guide will help you with the setup of the plugin.
CookieYes GDPR Cookie Consent & Compliance Notice Plugin Premium Version Features
- Manage list of cookies ( Name, CookieID, Description, Duration, Type, Category, Header Script, Footer Script).
- Manage Cookie Categories.
- Scan and auto block scripts – Google Analytics, FB Pixel, Google tag manager, Hotjar, Instagram, etc.
- Location based exclusion of cookie notice for EU countries.
- Provide the users with the granular control over the cookies/scripts used by the website.
- Option to renew consents when there is a change in policy.
- Optionally log users’ consent and export into a CSV file.
- Customize the privacy overview in the cookie banner settings popup.
- Export/import cookies and related information via CSV file.
- Scan and import/export the cookies.
- Allow to display cookie notice settings popup where site visitors can opt-in or give consent to cookie categories.
- Add CCPA ‘Do Not Sell My Personal Information’ control to the cookie notice.
- Customisable to look just like your own website’s style: customise the colours, styles and fonts.
- Put the cookie banner in either the header or the footer, as pop-up or even as widget.
- Compatibility with major caching servers and plugins.
- Cookie banner preview in admin settings.
- (Optional) accept cookie notice if the user scrolls.
- (Optional) automatically close the cookie bar after a delay (delay is configurable).
- (Optional) cookie banner can be permanently dismissed or accessible through a “show again” tab.
- (Optional) “show again” tab is fully customisable including position shown on page and styles.
- WPML, qTranslate, Polylang compatible.
For complete list of features and details, Please visit Cookie Consent Premium Plugin for more details