The Google Analytics for WordPress plugin helps you properly setup all the powerful Google Analytics tracking features without writing any code or hiring a developer.
More importantly, over 1 million users love ExactMetrics because of our signature Google Analytics Dashboard that helps you view key Google Analytics stats right inside your WordPress dashboard.
Our goal at ExactMetrics is to help you grow your business faster with data-driven decisions.
This is why we built the most comprehensive Google Analytics plugin for WordPress, so you can setup all the powerful tracking features that website owners otherwise miss out on when simply pasting the analytics code in WordPress.
We go beyond the simple google analytics script and add the advanced event tracking, so you can see all important user behavior in WordPress with just a few clicks (without hiring a developer).
With our dual tracking feature, ExactMetrics automatically tracks both Universal Google Analytics (GA3) as well as Google Analytics 4 (GA4), so that you can your website can be prepared for the future of Google Analytics.
Basically, we made the same advanced Google analytics setup that big enterprise companies used to pay thousands of dollars for, available to every small business owner without the high costs.
This is why even the large companies like Microsoft, Quickbooks, Pizza Hut, Delta, Pepsi, Coldwell Bankers, and many others are using ExactMetrics to properly setup Google Analytics and see the custom analytics reports in WordPress.
This plugin is the lite version of ExactMetrics Pro plugin that comes with all the Google analytics tracking features you will ever need including events tracking, ecommerce tracking, custom dimensions tracking, form conversion tracking, affiliate link tracking, and tons more. here to purchase the best premium Google Analytics plugin for WordPress now!
We are on a mission to level the playing field for small businesses, so they can grow their business faster with data-driven decisions.
See what one business owner is saying about ExactMetrics:
This is absolutely, positively, one of the TOP plugins to install on your WP site. There is no better way to quickly gauge traffic for spikes, surges, and consistency. I installed this on over a dozen WordPress installations and counting, thank you for an outstanding app!
Full ExactMetrics Feature List
- Accurate Tracking – Properly setup all powerful Google Analytics features with just a few clicks (without hiring a developer)
- Easy Google Analytics Dashboard – See your Google analytics reports right inside your WordPress dashboard with actionable insights.
- Google Analytics 4 Support – Easily set up and send proper website tracking data to Google Analytics 4
- Dual Tracking (Universal Analytics 3 and Google Analytics 4) – Seamlessly track website data in both Universal Analytics (GA 3) and Google Analytics 4 with dual tracking.
- Real-time Stats – See who is viewing your website, what they’re doing, where they’re coming from, how they found your site, and more.
- Ecommerce Tracking – Setup Google Analytics Enhanced eCommerce tracking for WooCommerce, Easy Digital Downloads, & MemberPress (with 1-click).
- GDPR / CCPA Compliant – Automatically make Google Analytics compliant with GDPR, CCPA, and other privacy regulations.
- Affiliate Link Tracking – Automatically track clicks on your affiliate links with our enhanced link attribution.
- Google Ads Tracking – Automatically track sales from Google Ads inside WooCommerce, EasyDigitalDownloads, and MemberPress.
- File Download Tracking – Track every file download with just one-click.
- Outbound link tracking – Track your outbound link clicks inside Google Analytics.
- Custom Dimensions Tracking – Enable Google analytics custom dimensions tracking for WordPress events.
- Email Summaries – Get a weekly report of your website’s traffic directly in your inbox without having to login to your site.
- Author Tracking – See author stats and discover who’s the most popular author on your site.
- Google Analytics for AMP – Add proper Google Analytics tracking for Google AMP.
- Form Conversion Tracking – Track conversions for your WordPress forms. Works with all popular plugins including WPForms, Contact Form 7, Gravity Forms, Formidable Forms, default WordPress comment form, and more.
- Performance Addon – Adjust Google Analytics speed & sample rate, along with other advanced performance features.
- Google Optimize Addon – Enable A/B Testing with Google Optimize and connect it with Google Analytics.
- Custom Events Tracking – Track custom button, menu links, and banner clicks with Google Analytics.
- Contextual Insights – Get tips on how to improve your site’s traffic and engagement based on real traffic data.
- Referral Tracking – See your top traffic referrals so you can unlock new opportunities.
- Page level insights – Get detailed insights for each post, page, and products, so you can see the most popular areas and sections of your site.
- Headline Analyzer – Get instant feedback on your post titles directly from the WordPress editor to improve SEO and get more clicks.
- Popular post tracking – See which pages, posts, and products are the most popular with Google Analytics.
- Scroll Depth tracking – See how far users scroll on your website with automatic scroll tracking in Google Analytics.
Custom Analytics Reports
- Overview Report – See the most important Google Analytics data in an easy to understand report, right inside your WordPress dashboard (Save 5 minutes each day).
- Publisher Report – See exactly which content gets the most visit, which affiliate links are performing the best, what new partnership opportunities you should pursue, and more.
- Ecommerce Report – See all your important online store metrics in one place such as total revenue, conversion rate, average order value, top products, top conversion sources, and more.
- Search Console Report – See how well your website is ranking in Google, so you can optimize your SEO to grow your traffic.
- Forms Report – See your conversion stats for various contact forms and lead forms on your website to improve conversions.
- Custom Dimensions Report – See useful stats like most popular authors, best publication times, popular categories, tags, Yoast focus keywords, SEO score, etc.
- Real Time Report – see who is online on your website in real-time, right inside your WordPress dashboard.
- Customizable Google Analytics Dashboard Widget – Our dashboard widget allows you to have quick access to your most important stats at the moment you login to your WordPress dashboard.
- Page Insights in Admin Bar – Easily view analytics for each individual page and post from the ExactMetrics menu in WordPress admin bar while browsing your website.
- Email Summaries – Get the most important metrics delivered to you and/or your client’s email inboxes weekly with our brandable Email Summaries, allowing you to keep up to date on your website’s Google Analytics results even without needing to login to the Google Analytics dashboard.
- PDF Exports – Easily take your ExactMetrics reports with you or send them to clients or colleagues by exporting all ExactMetrics reports as a brandable PDF.
- Site Speed Report – helps you improve your website’s performance by displaying key metrics and actionable tips to improve those based on WordPress-specific solutions.
- Popular Posts – Display popular posts in your post content automatically or using Gutenberg blocks and shortcodes. Show off your top posts to your visitors using sidebar widgets, Gutenberg blocks or shortcodes
- WooCommerce Google Analytics – Automatically setup Google analytics enhanced eCommerce tracking for WooCommerce.
- Easy Digital Downloads Google Analytics – Automatically setup Google analytics enhanced eCommerce tracking for EDD.
- MemberPress Google Analytics – Automatically setup Google analytics enhanced eCommerce tracking for MemberPress.
- WPForms Google Analytics – Automatically setup form conversion tracking for WPForms.
- Formidable Forms Google Analytics – Automatically setup form conversion tracking for Formidable Forms.
- Gravity Forms Google Analytics – Automatically setup form conversion tracking for Gravity Forms.
- YouTube Google Analytics – Automatically track video starts, stops, and watch progression of video plays of your YouTube videos.
- Vimeo Google Analytics – Automatically track video starts, stops, and watch progression of video plays of your Vimeo videos.
- HTML5 Video Google Analytics – Automatically track video starts, stops, and watch progression of video plays of your Vimeo videos.
- Exclude from Tracking Google Analytics – Disable loading of Google Analytics tracking on specific pages or posts.
- Contact Form 7 Google Analytics – Automatically setup form conversion tracking for Contact Form 7.
- Yoast Google Analytics – Automatically setup SEO score tracking for Yoast SEO with custom dimensions.
- Pretty Links Google Analytics – Automatically setup affiliate link tracking for Pretty Links.
- Thirsty Affiliates Google Analytics – Automatically setup affiliate link tracking for Thirsty Affiliates.
- AffiliateWP Google Analytics – Automatically setup affiliate link tracking for AffiliateWP.
- User Journey Orders – See which pages visit before becoming customers with WooCommerce, Easy Digital Downloads, MemberPress, LifterLMS, Restrict Content Pro, or GiveWP.
- Google AdSense + Google Analytics – Automatically setup banner ads tracking for Google AdSense.
- Google Optimize + Google Analytics – Easily enable A/B testing in WordPress with Google Optimize and Google Analytics.
After reading this comprehensive feature list, you can probably imagine why over 1 million websites use ExactMetrics as their preferred Google Analytics plugin for WordPress.
Give ExactMetrics a try.
Want to unlock more features? to our Pro version.
Love this plugin! It’s got powerful customization options, it’s easy to use, there’s good documentation, and if all that’s not enough, ExactMetrics is quick to provide support. Thanks for this wonderful plugin!
Note for Beginners
Like all WordPress plugins, Google Analytics Dashboard for WordPress by ExactMetrics is only available for self-hosted WordPress sites. This means you will need to from WordPress.com to WordPress.org if you want to use this plugin on your WordPress site.
For more details, see this infographic on hosted WordPress.org vs free WordPress.com
This plugin is created by Christoff and Balkhi with sponsorship from .
If you like this plugin, then consider checking out our other projects:
- – Get More Email Subscribers
- – Best WordPress Contact Form Plugin
- – The original WordPress SEO plugin to help you rank higher in search results (trusted by over 2 million sites)
- – Most popular coming soon & maintenance mode plugin for WordPress
- Mail SMTP – Improve email deliverability for your contact form with the most popular SMTP plugin for WordPress
- – Best WordPress giveaway and contest plugin to grow traffic and social followers
- Balloon – #1 social feeds plugin for WordPress – display social media content in WordPress without code
- – Connect with visitors after they leave your website with the leading web push notification plugin
- – Add real-time social proof notifications to boost your store conversions by up to 15%
This plugin would not be possible without the help and support of , the largest free WordPress resource site for beginners. You can learn from our WordPress Tutorials like to install WordPress, the best WordPress hosting, glossary, and more.
You can also learn about other WordPress plugins.
You can translate Google Analytics Dashboard for WP by ExactMetrics on .wordpress.org.