Loco Translate provides in-browser editing of WordPress translation files and integration with automatic translation services.
It also provides Gettext/localization tools for developers, such as extracting strings and generating templates.
- Built-in translation editor within WordPress admin
- Integration with translation APIs including DeepL, Google, Microsoft and Lecto AI
- Create and update language files directly in your theme or plugin
- Extraction of translatable strings from your source code
- Native MO file compilation without the need for Gettext on your system
- Support for PO features including comments, references and plural forms
- PO source view with clickable source code references
- Protected language directory for saving custom translations
- Configurable PO file backups with diff and restore capability
- Built-in WordPress locale codes
Official WordPress plugin by Tim Whitlock.
For more information please visit our page.
The PO file editor supports the following keyboard shortcuts for faster translating:
- Done and Next:
- Next string:
- Previous string:
- Next untranslated:
Shift Ctrl ↓
- Previous untranslated:
Shift Ctrl ↑
- Copy from source text:
- Clear translation:
- Toggle Fuzzy:
- Save PO / compile MO:
- Toggle invisibles:
Shift Ctrl I
- Suggest translation:
Mac users can use ⌘ Cmd instead of Ctrl.