Don’t eat, don’t hold it for me, I can’t bite these. Grandpa, these are all good dishes and ingredients, why not eat them? Big lobster, sea cucumber, and abalone are all delicious. Grandpa put down the bowl and chopsticks and said: I just want to have a New Year’s Eve dinner, not these.
For the New Year’s Eve dinner in 1996, my mother started preparing it since she was a child. At that time, the family was very poor, and there were half chickens on the table. The taste of the year is so full, a bottle of old wine for grandpa, pork ribs for mom, fried crispy pork for dad, a lot of fireworks and firecrackers for me. Every New Year’s Eve, after eating the New Year’s Eve dinner, I will wait for Ni Ping’s sister to announce the Spring Festival. And I have been waiting in front of the TV for “Unforgettable Tonight” at 12 o’clock, because as soon as this song is sung, I can go out and set off cannons. The entire county has become smoggy, and the flavor of these years seems to have diminished with the passage of time.
Together with the current New Year’s Eve dinner, it has lost the taste of the New Year, and a series of gorgeous dishes have replaced chicken, duck and fish. Seafood has slowly taken over the table, life has improved, and those childhood meals have become stale. But you can’t lose the taste of the New Year. Do you remember a few dishes for the New Year’s Eve dinner? Today, I will share 4 dishes that are “unshakable” during the Chinese New Year.
The first dish: braised beef
When I was a child, the first bite of meat on the table must be beef, which is usually not something to eat. When a catty of beef costs more than ten yuan, you can eat it less than a few times a year. The braised beef is naturally memorable, and the method is simple and the beef is full of flavor.
1. Cut the beef into pieces and blanch in water first, add cooking wine to remove the fishy smell, and remove the foam in the pot.
2. Put in cooking oil, add onion, ginger and garlic and sauté until fragrant, then add beef and stir-fry the dry water, add a spoonful of bean paste, some sugar, star anise, cinnamon, and grass fruit and stir-fry until fragrant.
3. Then put the beef into the pressure cooker, add water and simmer for 30 minutes on high heat. After the beef is stewed, you can take it out of the pot.
The second course: Fried Crispy Pork
A delicacy that is eaten for three days during the Chinese New Year, it is the most rare thing to fry it crispy and not greasy. I remember when I was a child, a piece of crispy meat could be chewed for a long time, and it was better than spicy noodles.
1. Fried crispy pork requires particularly good pork belly, which is all lean meat but the taste is poor. Marinate the pork belly, add ginger slices and white pepper powder, cooking wine, salt, light soy sauce, and some sugar and stir together.
2. Put the egg liquid on the pork belly, beat in an egg and two spoons of starch and flour, so that the surface of the pork belly is covered with the egg liquid. The ratio of starch to flour is 1:1, so that the crispy meat can be prepared with the most tension.
3. Control the oil temperature at 70% heat, add the pork belly, and control the firepower to ensure that the crispy meat does not stick to the pan. 2 in and 3 out can be out of the pot. The hot crispy meat is the best, and the fragrance is particularly full. When I was a child, I stood next to my mother and waited for this bite.
Third Course: Steamed Sea Bass
Only when there are fish every year can we have more than every year. How can we not have one fish on New Year’s Eve? The steamed sea bass has few bones and delicate taste, which can be eaten by the elderly and children, so it is very suitable.
1. Scrape the surface of the sea bass, marinate the onion, ginger, and garlic on the surface and inside, and sprinkle some lemon juice if possible. Marinate for 30 minutes before and after.
2. Put the sea bass on a plate, add water slightly and cook for no more than 10 minutes. Cooking for too long will easily cause the fish to deteriorate.
3. Pour green and red chili shreds, drizzle with soy sauce, and finally pour 7 layers of hot oil to boil the sea bass and green and red pepper shreds, and a tender sea bass is ready.
The fourth course: sweet and sour pork ribs
Sweet and sour is life, and the sweet and sour pork ribs are really good for dinner. This is also one of the few dishes that cannot be kept for the next day, because it was sold out that night. When I was young, I still fought with my companions over ribs. It can be seen that if the sweet and sour ribs are not served on the table, the taste of this year will be half.
1. Blanch the ribs in water, dry the water and set aside. Heat oil in a pan and add ginger slices to sauté until fragrant, then add ribs and stir-fry until the ribs are slightly golden.
2. One scoop of cooking wine, two scoops of soy sauce, three scoops of rice vinegar, and 4 scoops of white sugar dissolve in water, and put into ribs to absorb. It is best to add water and simmer for 20 minutes when rubbing the ribs to absorb the juice slightly.
3. Open the lid, add salt to taste, turn on high heat and cook, let the ribs absorb the juice, stir fry a few times on high heat and then take out of the pot.
Well, the above are the 4 must-have New Year’s Eve meals that I will share with you today. They are all dishes that have been eaten 20 years ago. They don’t need to be too expensive. Simple is the taste of the New Year. After reading it, if you have better ideas, you can also leave a message in my comment area to let me know. This is Qingqing who loves to cook. I am Qingqing. That’s all for today’s sharing, and the next issue will continue Share more food and life tips with you, and thank you for your attention and likes.
LINH BINH – LINKPIZ.COM